{Wearing a cross-body bag I bought in Buenos Aires last fall}
This week was hectic with work catch-up after my fabulous trip to San Francisco. I did manage to make my way to DC's Eastern Market on Sunday, which was just the thing to complement a perfect fall day. A friend and I followed our Eastern Market visit to a second-hand bookstore where we wandered the hundreds of old cookbooks. We sat in the back room reading recipes for a long while, laughing at the ridiculous themes and cooking ideas some of them had to offer, and fascinated by others. I finally managed to find The Joy of Cooking, along with an old cookie-themed cookbook.
{A delicious tamale from Pica Taco in Northwest DC after our Eastern Market and bookstore visit}
{An addition of hydrangeas to separate my kitchen from my living room in my small studio apartment}
{Taste testing - a lot - of peaches at Eastern Market, DC}
{The cozy second-hand book store where we perused cookbooks all afternoon}
Oh, I would love to take an hour and peruse those cookbooks! And your hydrangeas are so lovely...great choice!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lizzy! I can't believe I didn't think of shopping for cookbooks in old bookstores before, but it's a new hobby :)
Delete